Durian is most well-know furniture brand in India. While furniture is our face, our backbone is manufacturing. With over 7 manufacturing plants producing Plywood, Laminates, Veneers, Doors, Sofa, Chair and Modular Furniture; Durian is India’s largest interior infrastructure company. “First impression is the last impression.” Inspired by this principal rule of the interior design industry, we started our state of the art factory for the manufacturing of Decorative High Pressure Laminates. Along with Decorative High Pressure Laminates, our factory is also equipped to produce Metal Foil Laminates, Abrasion Resistant Laminates, Dry Wipe Marker Board Laminates, Chalk Board Laminates, Post Forming Laminates, Digital Printed Laminates, Screen Printed Laminates, Exterior Grade Laminates and Door Skins to name a few. Exterior Grade Film used by Durian is a two-layer high efficient weather-and UV-protection film.. The presence of a PVDF layer on the upper surface of our film brings the following properties linked to the low surface tension, optimal UV resistance and high chemical resistance.
- Longer UV protection
- Chemical resistance
- Easy to clean including graffiti
- Anti soiling
- Anti fouling
DURIAN Exterior Compact Grade Laminate (ECGL) is a self-supporting HPL (High Pressure Laminates) which has excellent stability to withstand all shortfalls seen in other external application substrates. ECGL is an ideal option as cladding to decorate the exterior of a building.
Durian ECGL is a durable and versatile product, which is highly suitable for exterior applications. ECGL is easy to apply, easy to maintain and very convenient to handle. The strength of ECGL gives an added advantage of extended life when compared to other external surface decoration materials.
ECGL is resistant to Ultra Violet light, Water, Hail, Adverse Weather, Termite and Borer. It meets international EN 438 EGstandard of high resistance to abrasion and colour fading in extreme conditions. Since ECGL is delamination proof, splinter proof and anti static, it is an ideal product for exterior application.
Durian ECGL is extremely durable with international styling and a wide range of colours available in both horizontal and vertical designs. Its excellent technical properties make it suitable for the building industry as an ideal alternative to traditional materials.
Resistance to artificial weathering with Xenon Arc according EN 438-2:2005, ch.29: test over 3000 hrs according to EN IOS 4892-2, determination of the colour distance on the grey scale according to DIN EN ISO 20105-A02 and visual assessment by the criteria according to EN 438-2:2002:2005 after 500 hrs., 1000 hrs., 1500 hrs., 2000 hrs., 2500 hrs. and 3000 hrs., classification according to EN 438-6.
Determination of the light fastness according to EN 438-2 part 27 until blue wool scale 6 (approximately 180 h ) In order to further guarantee the quality of our finished product, we take extreme care in sourcing raw materials of the highest quality. Our raw materials are acquired from industry leaders throughout the world. Our factory is also equipped with a state-of-the-art chemical plant, which manufactures resins used in the production of laminates. Having a modern plant allows our R&D team to experiment with innovative materials to produce quality resins that will stand the test of time. As a result, we are the only brand in India to offer BFT (Borer, Fungus, Termite) Guard in our laminates.
We have also incorporated a 7–point Quality Control System to ensure that every single one of our laminate sheets goes through seven different quality control checkpoints during its production period. This system guarantees that only the highest qualities of products are made available to our valuable customers.
SPECIFICATION OF PANELS:
Durian ECGL are available in size mentioned below:
Durian ECGL comes in varied range of designs and colors sourced exclusively from Schattdecor, the world leader in décor papers.
ADVANTAGES OF DURIAN EXCP:
- UV Resistant. No colour fading.
- Weather, Water, Moisture, Heat & Fire Resistant.
- Chemical resistance
- Anti Soiling
- Anti Graffiti
- Does not melt or drip in the event of fire.
- High Impact Resistant
- Scratch Resistant
- Wear & Tear Resistant
- Good Dimensional Stability
- Does not need edge banding.
- Does not warp.
- No asbestos or metal contents in the composition of material.
- Easy to install & Easy to dismantle.
- Strong, Self-supporting, Durable and Long lasting.
- Does not need any maintenance.
- Resistant to weathering as per EN 438-2:2005, ch. 29: test over 3000 hrs. according to EN ISO 4892-2
- Having light fastness as per EN 438-2 part 27 until blue wool scale 6 (approx. 180 h.)
- Sturdy high flexural tensile strength as per EN ISO 178
- High screw holding strength as per EN 438-7
- Low Formaldehyde emission as per EN 717-1
- Suitable for all exterior applications
- Available in wide range of attractive colours and textures
- Creates a healthy environment as it does not support micro-organic growth.
- Easy to clean
- Easy to install
- Resistant to termites and fungus
- Self-supporting panels
– Ageing performance and weather resistance
- Durian ECGL can be exposed to any weather conditions i.e. sunlight, rain and wind
- Exhaust fumes and acid rain can have mild effect on surface
- Not affected by thermal shock and maintains its physical and mechanical properties – Dimensional Stability
- With due conditioning at site, moderate dimensional variation due to the effects of atmosphere; it contracts in low humidity and expands in high humidity environments.
- The compactness of Durian ECGL provide excellent mechanical properties such as tensile, compressive and impact strength. The homogeneity and high density of the panel ensure maximum retention of screws.
GUIDELINE FOR INSTALLATION OF ECGL:
An efficient air circulation must be secured between Durian ECGL and the surface or the coating of the building. The blank grouting spaces allowed for ventilation between the plates should not be filled with any material.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PANEL FIXING ON RIVETS AND SCREWS:
The glue should be applied maximum 20 mm from the edge in continuity and maximum 50 mm from the edges at screw installations.
Rivet and screw distance must be minimum 20 mm in between and for hidden screw and hang systems, the distance between screws must be at least 80 mm.
RIVET AND SCREW SYSTEM:
Riveted and screwed systems are suitable for 6mm to 10mm panels. This system is applied to high-rise buildings or used as supporting gluing systems to provide extra solidity at the time of installation. Joint spaces and vertical profile space are same with gluing systems. Open joint, halved joint and tongued-and-grooved joints are mostly used in joint spaces. The table below is depicting maximum spacing of fastening of the Durian ECGL:
SUGGESTIONS FOR WORKING AND HANDLING:
Exterior Cladding Panels can be cut to required sizes at site. Always use sharp saw blades made of hard metal. Worn out tools can cause chipping and poor cuts. Large saw blades give better results. To avoid stress cracks, all cut outs must have rounded internal corners of minimum 8-10 mm.
The Durian ECGL can easily be installed using metal screws & extruded aluminum sections for concealed installation. Please ensure that there is a ventilated space of at least 25 mm between the panel & the wall to prevent tension in the panel, condensation and moisture.Openings or ventilation gaps are to be provided at the top & bottom of each panel to allow air circulation. These openings may be covered with a fine metal
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CARE:
During construction and installation, care is to be taken that the material is not to be exposed to standing water. This means that the panels must always be able to dry out.
Durian ECGL may show deviations from being flat and this is to be compensated for by the sub-construction being executed so that it is stable and flat. All connections to other components or to the background must be executed firmly. Elastic intermediate spacers with a tolerance greater than ±0.5 mm must be avoided.
Panel joints should be reinforced from behind or should be held level by suitable connections, e.g. tongue and groove or H-profile, which allow an appropriate expansion clearance.
• Use water with diluted soap and wipe dry using a soft cloth. Avoid other detergents since they can damage the UV film on the panel.
• Never use steel wool or abrasive detergents.
• Be careful with the rubbing pressure to avoid polishing and thus damaging the surface.
Durian warrants the quality of ECGL within the framework of the given values and test standards. However, they are expressly not liable for defects in the substructure or defective installation, as they have no control over the execution of these.
The local building regulations are to be followed without fail – we accept no liability with regard to these. All information corresponds to the current state of the technology. Suitability for particular applications cannot be confirmed in general.